Monday, April 21, 2008

Reflection

During this week I will use several strategies for my reading, geography, and history class. For reading class I will use outlining to understand the articles and find the main ideas. I also have to read two chapters out of The Things They Carried and highlight important quotes. My geography text is very long and difficult to understand, so I will use SQ3R to research and review the chapter. My history class also has a rigorous text and I will use the same method for learning and reviewing.
Surveying, questioning, reading, reciting, and reviewing are the steps required in SQ3R. These steps are efficient in learning important information out of the text, and it also breaks down each section of the text making it easier to remember. Outlining has also helped with learning because it breaks down the main ideas and subtopics altogether, making it easier for reviewing.
These skills are important for what I need to accomplish because they will help me finish more effectively. These skills do take time, but they are more effective and do help me learn the material. These strategies do not work on everything but they did help me on reading textbook chapters and articles.

No comments: